Friday 18 January 2013

100 Word Story: Time Turner Edition

Hello all you everyone!

So, I blew past my deadline. I know, I said Thursday, and I missed it by an entire day. This clearly makes me a monster. However, it's quite relevant to the topic at hand in this day's instalment of itty-bitty fiction. So come with me on this journey.

I begin and end in the middle of a sentence. Read it once, and then just go ahead and read it again. And again, on into infinity. My goal is to absorb all readership, everywhere. Enjoy.



...stepped out into the wasteland of the future. Gabriela had come home. Her machine fizzled behind her, raindrops sizzling and bouncing as they kissed the metal hull. The machines started this mess. And she would use them to see the end. When the technology was perfected, people used the machines to go back, to right wrongs. But how many wrongs can you right without harming the future? So Gabriela took her machine back and destroyed the others. imagining a new future, clean, without adjustment. Her job done, Gabriela set out for the present. She landed hard. Opening the doors, she...



Haha, how experimental of me! This was an interesting one to write, as I'm dead tired and have been focusing my efforts on things related to feature writing, social media analysis, and something having to do with cameras. But I enjoyed it, so that's all that really matters.

For next week, I'll have a story in a more traditional sense. Panditty (one piece of the Girls & Greatswords braintrust) drew a swell picture of a rocket cat. I offered to write a story regarding said cat, and she will expand it into a short comic! Ho ho! Collaboration. So look forward to that for next week. But as always, keep the 100 word story ideas coming, and I'll write some garbage that I'll be embarrassed by later.

KBYE

-V-

No comments:

Post a Comment