Tuesday 26 March 2013

100 Word Daily: Crash Edition

Hey friends and others,

This one... it... well, it just did what these things do sometimes. I dunno. Here ya go.


I’m lying on my back in the sun, the asphalt warm and rough under my back like the skin of a lizard. I try to shield my eyes with my arm, but there’s nothing there. My shoulder grinds, oozes, but nothing. Shouting pulls me away from thoughts of my arm. People are running everywhere, on cellphones. Past them, my car, lying in the street, just like me. I know what happened now. And soon, they’ll find out. My family will go to my apartment, clean it out. And they’ll find it. My secret shame. My sick addiction. My Little Ponies.



I'm really not sure what to tell you. You're welcome? Sorry? In any case, it made me laugh, so that's really all that matters, right?

Well, bye.

-V-

No comments:

Post a Comment