Sunday 24 March 2013

100 Word Daily: Shift Edition

Hello all,

So, I failed horribly, and missed yesterdays story. I'll make it up to you today, with two. One now, and one a little later, after I've had some breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a nap. Sound fair?

This story comes from my gracious father-in-law, who always has some interesting things floating in his brain. The theme of this piece is "THE SHIFT KEY THAT GOT STUCK"

Also, I'm going to start including the original idea, since sometimes people don't get it. That is my fault, as a writer, and I admit it. So cut me some slack, wouldja?

Ok, here be. Enjoy.



TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET THAT WE INFORM YOU OF THE PASSING OF YOUR FATHER> HE WAS CAUGHT UNFORTUNATELY IN A COMBINATION PHOTOCOPIER?PRINTER?SCANNER INCIDENT< AND WHILE WE WERE ABLE TO REMOVE HIM FROM THE MACHINE< HE HAD ALREADY LOST A GREAT DEAL OF BLOOD< AND NEEDLESS TO SAY< OUR REPORTS FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WILL CARRY A GRISLY TONE>

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE CAPITALIZATION AND STRANGE PUNCTUATION> YOUR FATHER WAS OUR RESIDENT TECH SUPPORT MANAGER> AFTER HIS PASSING< THE SHIFT KEY ON OUR COMPUTER STUCK< AND NO_ONE IS QUALIFIED TO FIX IT>



I presume these folk work at an older company, or can't afford a new keyboard, or some such thing. Maybe they're senior citizens, and don't know the difference between caps lock and shift. Many factors contribute to this terrible unfeeling letter.

Ok, keep your eyes peeled later today for another one of these things.

-V-

No comments:

Post a Comment