Thursday 21 March 2013

100 Word Daily - Caffeine Edition

Hey all you beautiful people.

SO, I'm on break from school for a little while, and I figured I would spend some of my extra time working on more of these 100 word stories. I made a little post on facebook and on twitter, and I got a whole big pile of them. And so,  I've decided that I'll write one of them a day until I go back to school, starting from the top of the list on facebook. Since there were less on twitter, I'll just pop them in here and there. Not that any of it matters to you, since you probably won't even notice it happening.

In any case, now that you know what my plan of attack is, please enjoy the first of many many tiny stupid stories. The first comes courtesy of my friend Leslie, who goes to school with me. She's a rad chick with a crude 'tude. Or some such nonsense. She's involved in public relations, and making your crappy little company seem way better than it is. Follow her on twitter at @ABPRgirl, or in your car after 3, most days.

Here comes the gold.




She strains against gravity, and the weight of the sheets. Her eyelids peel apart like fabric tearing, and hang half-open, refusing the light. Colour enters her eyes, but she can’t tell one object from the next. Thoughts bubble from the bottom of her brain, but pop before they cohere. Blood sits in her veins, idle, cold. She pours herself onto the floor, and pieces together the easiest path to the kitchen. Her body is lacking vital components, chemical fixtures that imbue the human body with a new magic. Protein builds our bodies. Calcium provides our shape. But caffeine maintains life.


You see? It's possibly the most important substance you can absorb, beyond the blood of your enemies.

Alright, I'll be back tomorrow, with another whatever.

-V-

1 comment: